| Elfin Cove Thrift Shop |
Ask me what I'm doing right now. Getting ready for the school? Planning lessons? Collaborating with teachers in Thorne Bay? WRONG! Currently I'm getting ready to drive out to Coffman Cove. Why you ask? Oh, to look for a place to live. Why? Because I am being involuntary transferred to Coffman Cove for the school year. Yes, Coffman is the place that I first taught when I got here. Check the archives for stories.
I'm f-ing outraged.
It's a really long story but about a week ago (two weeks before school starts) I got an email from my Superintendent informing me that the teacher they had lined up for Coffman this year has lost his license to teach, and that after a lot of deliberation, I was the chosen one. You can imagine my surprise/terror. Don't worry, he says, I'll let you out of your contract if you don't want to move/teach out there. Thanks, two weeks before school start, while I'm living in a place with almost no internets (seriously slower than dial up). I threatened to quit and they didn't seem convinced...my options were pretty limited: teach in Coffman or not teach this school year. I chose the former because I need to be teaching, for a lot of reasons. So I'm not happy about it, but I'm going to try to make the best of it and now I'm living my life likes it my last year on POW because it def is!
I have a lot of adventure that I missed out on in the last two years. Not again!
"There is no way to Peace, Peace is the way."
No comments:
Post a Comment