Thursday, August 15, 2013

Now, that's a send off!!

Holy smokes! Have I ever mentioned how I'm really blessed? Like, seriously, have a great life. If you need proof, think about my day yesterday: got up two hours before my last trip of the season (sad) and packed all of my stuff (by myself). Then I headed out for my trip. A Whales trip to Pt. Adolphus. I had the pleasure of taking out some Californians, my homegirl Lauren and her Mom, visiting from Bellingham. We started the day with flat-calm water and an excellent whale show: breaching, fluke slapping, breathing, you name it these whales were doing it. And so many of them! Whales everywhere. After hours of whale watching, we paddled east towards the point at which point the fog had burned off, the sun was shining and we could see the Fairweathers! And and it was warm!!!! After lunch, we swam in Icy Straits, well I did and so did one of the Californians. It was awesome!!!! Now, you're thinking...wow life can't get any better. Wrong!!! Right after I dropped my people off, I got on my friend Zach's boat and we boated to Juneau. Wine and snacks were flowing. Did I mention that it was sunny and warm!?! Once I arrived in Juneau town, I met up with my homie Kenny who let me stay at his amazing house and drove me to the airport early this AM.  Lucky!

Now I'm headed to Ketchikan, where I'm going to ferry to Hollis    Where my homegirl Amy is going to pick me up and take me back to Thorne Bay. Damn, it takes work to travel around AK. Totally worth it!

Fellow Spirit Walkers at the Commune

No comments:

Post a Comment