Tuesday (the day after I arrived), Thorne Bay was put on a BOIL WATER advisory because there is a massive leak in our water system. No worries, the city is supplementing the loss water with untreated lake water. I literally cannot see through the water coming out of the facet. It’s kind of disgusting, but apparently totally potable if you boil it for two minutes. So…I’m still living in bush Alaska.
I was at the post office when somebody asked the city manager if she knew when the problem would be fixed. She looked at them and said, “Problem…problem? Can you still flush your toilet, can you still take a shower? Then I don’t think we have a problem yet.” At this point I knew I had been living in AK for too long, because I had to give it to her, she was right. All the while everyone in TNB was bitching about not being able to drink out of the water fountain, I was just so grateful to have running water in my bathroom again. As far as the water leak goes, they don’t know where it’s leaking so it’s anybody's guess.
I'm staying in ANC tonight....I think it's bubble bath time.
No comments:
Post a Comment