Times like this, I'm really grateful have a blog, because nobody would believe this shit if I tried to tell them in a year from now. So in the past week I've been without power, without running water in my bathroom, I have termites in my kitchen, and the final blow was yesterday with the furnace and the whole carbon monoxide fiasco. Last night I took a scolding hot shower and then jumped into bed.....hoping that I wouldn't wake up until morning. It was freezing in my house (literally), we got two new feet of snow yesterday, in fairness, the temperature is significantly higher than last week, my guess is anywhere between 32 and 34 degrees Fahrenheit.....whatever it doesn't matter. It should also be said that I had a small space heater plugged into my room courtesy of the one and only COP (Cass on Pegs). Thanks Cassie, you literally probably saved my life.
As you might imagine, I had to question my life (again) this morning as I had on several layers of clothing, huddled in my room drinking my coffee. Again, whatever, the furnace will probably be fixed today...my thought was this: well atleast I will get a lot of work done at school, since I can't really can't be anywhere else. Fast forward to school, I get a call from Superintendent, he's kind of asking me but mostly telling me that they have a full-time teaching position available in Thorne Bay teaching 3-5th graders and a couple of high school classes. When does this position start/open-up, a logical person might ask?? Oh, tomorrow, "We need you to come to Thorne Bay tonight."
So I talked with James, like I said I really didn't have much choice, when you're superintendent asks you to do something, it's kind of like the pope or the president, it's more of a order disguised as an amazing opportunity.
The long and short: this report is coming from Thorne Bay. I start teaching full-time tomorrow, seven (7) classes. My housing is also taken care of AND I get 10 teacher days, which I think just equates to more money. I think that I'm actually experiencing shock right now. I have no idea what I'm doing....I'm both excited and super sad. I saw one of my students before I left and he started crying, and he's a seventh grader and he's a boy!?!
Who knows what will happen tomorrow!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment