Hey Gang! So I've been busy even though I have been done with school for an entire week. WOOT WOOT! In addition to going to Seward and the Kenai Peninsula for Independence Day (pictures to follow), yesterday I pickled carrots and went to the library!
I was pretty proud of myself for pickling the carrots. I bought a 5lb bag of carrots from the store because they were cheap, and then I was left with a huge bag of carrots, so I decided to pickle some of them (first time). It was great because when my roommate, Kym, came home I told her about my accomplishments and she just looked at me and said, "Pickled carrots? Are you kidding me, what about carrot cake?" Fair, I'm making carrot cake today. BTW, the pickled carrots are delicious!
OMG, Anchorage Library system. For how backward this entire state is on most things, they know how to run a library. I was impressed to say the least. For starters, it's huge, like four stories. Second, they have an extensive magazine collection, including Foreign Policy and Foreign Affairs. I know right? Finally, they have an entire "Alaska" collection downstairs. It's in this entirely different section of the library and it's huge! There are rooms down there named after prominent Alaskans and it's really elegant and quiet. I could see spending a lot of time down there during the winter if I were to stay in Anchorage, which I'm not!
Today I'm headed downtown to eat some good food and hit up some museums. I spending all of next week hiking with my Nephew Skyler so I am going to try to see everything Anchorage has to offer before then.
PIC: car ride to Seward
No comments:
Post a Comment