I totally forgot to tell you the best part of my exit interview last Friday. The whole process was pretty simple, basically I met with a couple of the directors from the program, they start by telling you everything that you are good at, then give you some advice of things that you could work on, and then I ask them questions. After they told me what a total bad-ass I am (duh) their one piece of advice was this,
"You are moving to an extremely conservative part of Alaska, logging and forestry are a huge part of the economy and culture. I don't know where your politics lay (YEAH RIGHT), but if I were you, I would do a LOT of listening before I do any talking."Can you f-ing believe that? Wow, I was speechless. I have been known to have opinions on certain topics, but I have been sooo good since I've been up here. If politics do come up I usually just keep my mouth shut (shocking right?). I mean this woman had absolutely NO reason to make this comment to me other than the reality that I am from Washington state and sign all my emails with "peace." That is NOT to say that is not valuable advice that I will absolutely keep in mind when I make the move. I felt like I was wearing a "liberal" sign.
So I'm curious, is it that obvious? Please let me know via the "comment" function of this post.
Pic: Extened Warrior, Cannery Beach, Kenai Pennisula, AK
ARe you really surprised i would chime in so quickly? No its not that obvious - but then again, it would be good to try and find somewhat of an objective person as I tend to ride that fence with you. I bet its just because you are from WA though, and sign your emails with peace. And practice yoga, and ride your bike. And have intelligence, and are creative, and are open to other ideas, and went to college, and are funny, good to be around, engaging, interesting, friendly, enthusiastic, motivated and hard working. But thats just me.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'm REALLY proud of my comment on this one.
ReplyDeleteReally proud.
ReplyDeleteUmmm... is it obvious when someone ate garlic ten minutes ago?
ReplyDelete