Sorry Friends, it's been a long time... 20 days or something. Any who, a lot has happened in the month of February. Highlights include me not getting a Drivers License in Craig and then finally obtaining one in Ketchikan last Friday. Rest assured that the people who work in the DMV on the island are equally as worthless as they are in the rest of the country. I could go on, but I wont.
I found a Wilderness First Responder course being offered over my spring break in Juneau. This is good and bad. Good: I need WFR certification to guide for Spirit Walker this summer. Good also because my district is allowing me to use my professional development money to pay for the class and travel (over $1,000 value) and my Principal is giving me an additional four days off from school because the class spills over into the next work week. Bad, only because I was suppose to being going to Hawaii with Shane and Beth. Yeah, a real a-hole move on my part, luckily they are like the most kind and understanding people I know and didn't make me feel bad about completely bailing on plans that were my idea to begin with. THANKS!!
Last thing, I was offered a job with Spirit Walker leading kayak trips this summer. So yeah, that is happening. Stephen, the owner, said that I would be done by August 18th so I am really hoping to be able to come home for at least a week before school starts up again in September.
Yeah, I'm blessed.
I still don't have a contract for next year. Please continue to send positive employment thoughts my way. At this point, I would be really sad if I was assigned to any school other than Thorne Bay. I am thoroughly enjoying teaching here.
Okay, well I have 7 classes to plan for.
WAIT, it's my BIRTHDAY on Thursday...okay, that's it.
No comments:
Post a Comment