Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Trying to get something notarized

Kasaan Beach Clean Up

Easy right? Find a notary and have them stamp it? Maybe pay them a small fee, easy peasy. No, wrong. I needed to get my application for my counseling certificate notarized, no small task. First, I needed to get all my documents together for my application, which included my official transcripts, which had to be mailed, and I think everybody knows by now that it takes a long time to get stuff in the mail, anyways they finally show up LAST Monday. Great. This is good news because I cannot get paid for counseling until I receive my certificate so there time is money.

So now all I need to do is get the application notarized BUT there is only ONE notary in town and she works at the city office BUT the office is closed on Mondays. No big deal, I'll go on Tuesday (last Tuesday). So Tuesday afternoon rolls around, leave school, walk down there, only to find that the (only) notary has left town....for a week...she'll be back next Tuesday. Awesome, I guess I'll wait a week to send in my application. Fast forward to this week, Monday: office closed, Tuesday finally comes; I'm all ready to take care of business, leave school, walk down there to learn that the notary "just stepped out." Dang it, but they tell me they'll just call me at the school when she's back. Perfect. I get a call several hours later, they wanted to let me know that they notary person got busy, but she took her stamp with her and will see me tonight at the School Board Meeting (in another Town, an hour and a half away). Er uhhhgh, I wasn't planning on attending the meeting so I guess I'll wait to Wednesday.

There is a happy ending to this story, today, Wednesday, I got the stamp, put it in an envelope, walked it down to the the Post Office (taking care of business). Done. Except that it has been really windy here and there hasn't been any mail planes for two days and they don't expect another one until Saturday. Oh well, it's just money and it's just funny, simple things take a long time in the bush. I'll get use to it someday.

SHOUT OUT: To my Father for sending me a care package that made my entire office smell like an Asian market. He came through when I asked for, "A bunch of random shit from the Grocery Outlet." Special thanks to AUNT LISSA for cookies, they were delicious!!

I leave you with this quote from John Muir, "When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world."

PS. I have my 3rd graders acting out a conversation between John Muir and President Theodore Roosevelt in social studies, it's going to be awesome. I will try to record it.

----------------Peace----------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. I am loving you teaching those kids. If I was a student I would ask Ms. Moody, "So what will I get if I tug a possum?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. All jokes aside, I thoroughly enjoyed your drama with getting your application notarized and sent in....might I suggest you become the second notary in town? I mean you are already doing everything else?

    ReplyDelete