B-A-N-A-ANAS !! On Wednesday it snowed as I was leading a tour down the pass. An older lady literally got hypothermia and had to be escorted off the pass by ambulance. I was relieved because I thought she had a heart attack or something. She was suddenly just non-responsive. It was all the rage in town so when I went out on Thursday for dance night (more on that later) and people asked where I worked, everyone was like was, "ohhh..are you the guys that had the emergency on the pass" and I was like "yes" and then they were like "you guys are f-ing crazy," and I was like, "I know." And that happened about five times around town.
Dance Night at the RO (Red Onion Saloon for all you non locals) was a total hit!! I was relieved to find out that all the guys that I live/work with like to shake it. Who knew? I was in desperate need of a good shaking and was in full form. Everything was great: DJ, booze, although there could have been a few more ladies. I think the girl to guy ratio was probably 5-1. Great for me, not so much for my housemates. It was totally awesome though, and the best news is that dance night is every Thursday!
Today is my day off but it's rainy and kind of cold. However, I heard about a garage sale in town on NPR (we only have one station here in Skagway) so I gathered up the troops and we bike ganged it down to sale which led us to two other yard/garage sales. I got a couple of shirts, a travel mug and a loose-tea dipper thing. I'm pretty stoked because loose tea is one of the things I want to learn more about. I think that I'm going to go the library and find a book on tea and then go to the health food store and buy some tea. Sorry, I'm writing out loud here.
I also have Monday off. I think that I'm going to go to Haines and find out what that's all about.
More pictures to come and soon as it clears up.
How is everyone?
PIC: Fraser, BC
No comments:
Post a Comment