Monday, May 19, 2008

Haines, Alaska


I can't formulate words to describe how I feel about Haines. It is unbelievably beautiful. None of these pictures do it justice. I went on a boat tour today and gave up taking pictures half-way through because something like this you have to experience to truly appreciate. It's just a damn good thing that the winters are so rough here because I would seriously consider making this my home.

During the raft trip, the guide let me do some paddling. So now I can ad river guide to my resume.



Then I took the Fast Ferry back home to Skagway. Fabulous, fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was living large in Alaska. Instead I'm living medium in New England. I got back from Finland a few weeks ago. I know you like the pictures more than words so here's a link to the pictures. http://www.glacialwanderer.com/photos/index.php?v=list&i=0&p=2008/Helsinki_Finland

    I'm going camping this weekend with another I know. It will be my first camping trip this year so I'm super excited.

    Keep up the blogging. I love reading about your adventures in Alaska!

    ReplyDelete