I wanted to include a picture but I don't have any new ones because my camera broke, so this is a picture my computer took of me, checking my email in the hotel lobby.
Pretty jazzed because I just arrived in Anchorage for a Health Conference, M-W. It has taken almost 12 hours, first I had to drive from கோப்ப்மன் டு க்ளவோக், then fly from Klawock to Ketchikan, board a new flight that flew to Wrangell, Petersburg, Juneau (where we picked up some prisoners), and then FINALLY to Anchorage. It was worth it though; I needed to get off the island.
I’m going to get my haircut, carve pumpkins, and catch up with my family in the ANC area. Debauchery to follow, I’ll try to include photos..........
Unusual happs this week:
Scene: கோப்ப்மன் கோவே போஸ்ட் ஆபீஸ்
Last week my Dad sent me another huge care package, just in time for Halloween (Thanks Dad!). The lady at the post office on cue asked me if I brought my rig, I reminded her for literally the 12th time that I DON’T HAVE a vehicle here. She told me to run and catch Clint to see if he could assist me with the package. I ran outside and found Clint driving the city backhoe….so I put my package in the bucket and climbed in the cab. I was the envy of my students walking home.
Scene: Alaska Air Lines flight from Ketchikan to Wrangell
Flight attendant: would you like some water?
Me: Yes, can you just pour it into my water bottle.
Flight attendant: No, I can only pour the water into plastic cups.
Me: (confused)
Then she gives me a double (plastic) cup of water. I actually thought it was kind of funny because I knew that she did it on purpose just to piss me off.
Quote of the week:
"...and Miss Moody, we shall call you.......quinoa."
~ One of my middle school students was giving nicknames to everyone in the school. This is what they came up with for me.........they are so on to me.
Peace and Love to all beings everywhere!

OH NO NOT ANOTHER CAMERA
ReplyDeleteDitto on Jana's comment. I love you Ebs and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDelete