....you guessed it, the law won. I went to court today to fight my speeding ticket. It was pretty comical. I clearly wasn't the first person to contest a speeding ticket in Skagway. The cop was there with pictures of the sign that has the speed limit posted and a maintenance log proving that he checks his radar daily. Evidently he's certified to train other people on how exactly to use radar. So there was really no denying that I was going 51 MPH.
I realized as soon as I got there that I wasn't going to win this battle. The entire 20 minutes that I was in there I was trying not to laugh so then when it was time to plead my case I could hardly keep my thoughts straight. It was stupid. The judge (a lady) told me that they hold drivers with CDL's to a higher standard and that it was just a damn good thing that I got stopped by a cop and that I didn't hit a small child or a bear. She refused to drop the fine too, even though I'm a poor post-grad trying to pay off my student loans.
The rest of the day was awesome though! I picked wild raspberries with some of my friends and then when we had enough berries we had a berry fight (basically just threw berries at each other). Really fun.
Pic: Me and Sheldon at her going away party. She's a mountain guide and is on her way to Africa to lead trips on Kilimanjaro.
No comments:
Post a Comment