Monday, August 25, 2008

Devil's Punch Bowl



Sunday I went hiking with Ruth and Adira up to Devil's Punch Bowl. The weather kind of sucked but the hike was great. I got some nice photos (tagged: dpb, hike and skagway).

I know some people who have been reading my blog are convinced that I just party and play all day. The truth is that during the week I work my ass off. I work anywhere from 8 to 11 hours a day. My job is pretty exhausting for several reasons. For starters, I'm riding a bike all day, but that's not really what is so tiring. In addition to biking, I also have to unload and load trailers of bikes, but even this is not what really takes it out of me. The hardest part of my job is entertaining retarded tourist all day. It's a full-time job. I usually do three tours a day with about 12 people per tour. I have to spiel for about 25 minutes on every tour that I lead. Like last summer I have to act like an expert on Skagway, Alaska, glaciers, native history, natural history, you name it. I'm also responsible for the safety of a lot of people. I like to think that I'm pretty good at it, but it is hard work.

So yes, I do party on the weekends but I think that I deserve it. I would lose my mind otherwise. Also, for the most part, I don't report the everyday bad stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment