... Again this summer, I've become known as a terrible driver. Last summer with trek after loosing my trailer twice while driving everyone regarded me as reckless. This summer, I've already had at least one formal complaint about my driving from one of our passengers and supposedly the cops have mentioned my name as a driver who doesn't obey traffic laws, speeds, and is generally reckless. I thought this week that I had finally recovered from the latest incident when low and behold before 8am yesterday, with a van full of passengers, I got pulled-over with two other guides in the van. The cop was no nonsense, he clocked me at 51 in a zone and slapped me with a $138 fine, that like three days of wages (and I work 10 hour days). It totally ruined my day and almost made me cry, it was also kind of embarrassing. If I hadn't already lost my bonus before, I definitely have now. Boo!
I thought my day couldn't have gotten any worse and then on my last tour I had a women fall off her bike and hurt herself pretty bad. This is a really shitty feeling as a guide and as a person in general.
No worries, I went on a bike ride last night and saw a black bear with three cubs and then went to yoga and worked on my hand stands some more.
Today, I knew was going to be a better day then I saw my boss. He informed that he has to write me up for getting pulled over with passengers, he claims reckless endangerment. 51 MPH on a flat road, reckless? BS!!!! I think that I'm going to contest the ticket just for the fun of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment