There was a Breast Cancer Awareness Walk here in Skagway yesterday. The company that I work for sponsored one of the aid booths along the way. I still don't really understand why they needed aid stations for a 5k walk, but whatever....anyways nobody that I worked with wanted anything to do with the aid table because it meant getting up early on our day off. The station was supposed to have a theme and apparently there was some type of prize to be one for the best station. I kind of got sucker into helping because I felt bad. The only person who offered to work the station was my friend, Grover. His idea for the table was that we dress up in drag, blow bubbles, dance and paint peoples faces as they walk by. Most people agreed that drag probably wasn't the most appropriate theme for a cancer walk, but Grover wouldn't budge on the idea. So long story-short, we got up early, drank some Bloody Marys, got dressed in drag and worked the table. There were several scared children but it was all worth it in the end. I don't know if we won the prize but we definitely should have!
Here's a picture of our table. The sign is the best part: Lets DRAG cancer out of our lives. That's Grover, blowing bubbles and shaking his ass.
No comments:
Post a Comment